Before the Prati-Shirdi temple at Shirgaon, Mr Prakash Deole’s dream project was an Ashram Shala. Started with 25 students in 1996, the school has blossomed today as ‘a temple of education' that serves the society’s most deprived sections: the tribals and the downtrodden.
The Sai Baba Trust, Shirgaon, does not just meet the educational expenses of these children. It also provides hostel facility along with nutritious food. Says Mr Deole, "Here, we lay the foundation for these tribal children, so that they grow up to be good, honest and capable youngsters."
- A super-specialty hospital
- A 100-room residential facility for devotees
- Launching energy saving initiatives like use of CFL bulbs
- Recycling of drainage water to water plants, and its increased use.
- Better connectivity of Shirgaon with Pune, Mumbai
- Providing more job avenues for the village folks. (The temple trust has already provided jobs to about 150 villagers.)